Emergent Readers, Level A
This emergent reader printed books are certified Fountas & Pinnell, level A, from our Everglades wildlife collection. These wildlife books contain stunning photography, great stories, fun facts, conservation tips, and wholesome life lessons. We improve comprehension, excite children to read, and teach about wildlife. All books are professionally edited, rated, leveled and developed to meet state curriculum standards.
- Level A
- 16 pages
- up to 100 words
- Level: PreK to 2nd grade
- Certified Fountas & Pinnell, Text Level A
- Guided reading is a teaching approach designed to help individual readers build an effective system for processing a variety of increasingly challenging texts over time.
- Great for: Literacy, English, Science, STEM, ESOL, ESL, Autism, Dyslexia
Characteristics of Early Emergent Readers, Level A
- Just beginning to learn how print works
- Just beginning to learn the alphabetic principle – the relationship between letters and sounds
- Learning to use 1‐1 matching
- Learning to follow text from left to right
- Differentiating between print and pictures
- Beginning to notice each letter’s distinct features
- Learning some easy, high‐frequency words
Guided reading levels graded using the Fountas and Pinnell text level gradient.
Guided reading is not just an exercise to practice reading skills. It is research-based, professionally energized, highly targeted, scaffolded reading instruction that propels all students toward confident, independent reading of high quality grade level books across a diverse array of literature and informational genres. Reading well means reading with deep, high quality comprehension and gaining maximum insight or knowledge from each source.