Course Type: Multi-Day Course (meets more than one time)
If your child is an early emergent reader to beginning reader, this class is great for them! We’ll be reading fiction and non-fiction wildlife emergent readers and storybooks. We’ll have lots of fun reading about animals with friends while sounding out sight words, reading simple sentences, and learning about wildlife. As the Learners’ skills improve, the student advances to the next series of guided reading level books. This course is designed for new readers who know their letters and are ready to take reading to the next level. Course is funded in part by Sierra Club.
|Class Length||25 minutes per class|
|Ages||4 to 7 years old|
|Class Size||up to 6 students|
|Price||USD $379 per learner|
Students, who are beginning readers of similar reading levels, who are just learning to read will enjoy improving their reading skills with wildlife books. This class is geared towards preschool and kindergarten students who know their letters and are ready to take their reading skills to the next level. Our wildlife books contain a wonderful view of our natural world.
Benefits of our Wildlife Books
- Students enjoy story elements with Animals around the world
- Read and learn plot and character development
- Exposure to Life science;
- behaviors and characteristics of animals,
- predator and prey,
- heredity, habitat, homes, group names,
- adaptations, food, conservation.
- Photographs enhance meaning and tone.
- Comprehension strategies:
- Identify main idea and details,
- Cause and effect relationships,
- Compare and contrast,
- Ask and answer questions.
Student reading skills grow with our guided reading model. Students work on sight words, focus on essential reading skills, practice using these skills to read an unfamiliar text, work on fluency with familiar texts, and also incorporate these skills with fun games. The class is teacher led with student participation with reading books, asking and answering questions, and improving comprehension. We ask our Students to practice rereading the books read in class as well as select new books for them to improve their reading skills.
Books & Details:
|Type:||Wildlife Emergent Readers|
|Series:||We Love Animals, Emergent Reader Series|
|Audience:||Early Emergent Reader to Beginning Reader|
|Grades:||Prekindergarten, Kindergarten, and 1st grade|
|Book Types:||Early Emergent Readers and Emergent Readers|
|Certified:||Fountas & Pinnell Levels A, B, C, D|
|Book Pages:||up to 16|
|Book Words:||up to 250|
- Extensive wildlife book catalog.
- Accessible on desktops, tablets, and phones.
- Improve reading skills. Anytime. Anywhere.
- Popular animals that children know and love.
- All wildlife books carefully created for readers under 10 years old.
- Audio cues for word pronunciation.
- Organized by Guided Reading level.
- Guided Reading, Lexile levels, Fountas & Pinnell certified, Common Core Standards.
- Ability to monitor your child’s progress.
- 100% safe and kid-friendly environment.
- Learning is easier when kids enjoy the topic of study.
- Wildlife books available only on ConserveOurWild.com
- Avatar can read story to learner
- Practice reading skills
- Listen to other readers in group
- Read aloud to group members
- Improve vocabulary and language skills
- Improve comprehension
- Compose and construct a simple sentence
- Animal identification
- Build appreciation of wildlife and wildlife conservation
- This course funded in part by Sierra Club.
- Approved by school districts for preK-5th grade curriculum
- Books are Lexiled, Leveled, Fountas & Pinnell certified, and Common Core approved
- Children learn faster when they love the topic of study
We suggest reading 20 minutes per day. Your child can access Conserve Our Wild’s wildlife book online reading platform to further improve their skills and enjoy more wildlife stories.
A written report is provided after course completion.