Course Type: Multi-Day Course (meets more than one time)
Guided Reading for early emergent readers, beginning readers and storybooks.
|Class Length||25 minutes per class|
|Ages||4 to 7|
|Class Size||up to 6 students|
|Price||USD $379 per learner|
We read a new wildlife emergent reader each class. The emergent reader books are guided reading leveled readers from levels, A, B, C, and D. We will read texts together and reread previous texts, learn and review sight words, discuss comprehension questions, and complete word study activities.
Learners will take turns reading to the group, answer questions, and engage in group discussions.
Learners that enroll in new classes will receive instruction with new books. This class can run for 12 months or as needed. Please contact teacher to arrange.
Guided reading instruction supports students developing reading proficiency. The teacher will target specific learning needs, provide appropriate scaffolding, and gradually reduce support to promote independent reading and learning.
Learners for this class can:
- Write their first name without a model or help
- Identify at least 40 upper and lower case letters by name
- Know at least 8 letter sounds
- Demonstrate left-to-right reading direction
- Ability to follow simple directions
Emergent Reader Details:
|Type:||Wildlife Emergent Readers|
|Series:||We Love Animals, Emergent Reader Series|
|Audience:||Early Emergent Reader to Beginning Reader|
|Grades:||Prekindergarten, Kindergarten, and 1st grade|
|Book Types:||Early Emergent Readers and Emergent Readers|
|Certified:||Fountas & Pinnell Levels A, B, C, D|
|Book Pages:||up to 16|
|Book Words:||up to 250|
- Extensive wildlife book catalog.
- Accessible on desktops, tablets, and phones.
- Improve reading skills. Anytime. Anywhere.
- Popular animals that children know and love.
- All wildlife books carefully created for readers under 10 years old.
- Audio cues for word pronunciation.
- Organized by Guided Reading level.
- Guided Reading, Lexile levels, Fountas & Pinnell certified, Common Core Standards.
- Ability to monitor your child’s progress.
- 100% safe and kid-friendly environment.
- Learning is easier when kids enjoy the topic of study.
- Wildlife books available only on ConserveOurWild.com
- Avatar can read story to learner
- Practice reading skills
- Listen to other readers in group
- Read aloud to group members
- Improve vocabulary and language skills
- Improve comprehension
- Compose and construct a simple sentence
- Animal identification
- Build appreciation of wildlife and wildlife conservation
- This course funded in part by Sierra Club.
- Approved by school districts for preK-5th grade curriculum
- Books are Lexile rated, Guided Reading Leveled, Fountas & Pinnell certified, and Common Core approved
- Children learn faster when they love the topic of study
We suggest reading 20 minutes per day. Your child can access Conserve Our Wild’s wildlife book online reading platform to further improve their skills and enjoy more wildlife stories.
A written report is provided after course completion.