Course Type: Multi-Day Course (meets more than one time)
If your child is an early emergent reader to beginning reader, this class is great for them! We’ll be reading fiction and non-fiction wildlife emergent readers and storybooks. We’ll have lots of fun reading about animals with friends while sounding out sight words, reading simple sentences, and learning about wildlife. As the Learners’ skills improve, the student advances to the next series of guided reading level books. Course is funded in part by Sierra Club.
|Class Length:||25 minutes per class|
|Ages:||4 to 7 years old|
|Class Size:||up to 6 students|
|Price:||USD $379 per learner|
Your emergent reader will practice reading with engaging, fun wildlife books. Allow their emergent reader stage to springboard a love for reading. This course builds confidence and excites your child to read higher levels at their own pace. Each student is given time to read out loud while the other students listen. When your child is not reading, they can enjoy activities in the lesson’s activity book. When outside class, your child can access our proprietary trackable online reading platform to further improve their reading skills. To get the most out of this course, students have learned the alphabet and have a grasp on a large vocabulary of basic words. They’ve begun to comprehend word meanings and word sounds. Each week we will read a new wildlife storybook about a different African Animals including: Elephants, Giraffe, Lions, Zebra, Ostriches, Buffalo, Rhinoceros, Cheetah, Crocodiles, African Painted Dogs, Birds galore, and so many more…
Books & Details:
|Type:||Wildlife Emergent Readers|
|Series:||We Love African Animals, Emergent Reader Series|
|Audience:||Early Emergent Reader to Beginning Reader|
|Grades:||Prekindergarten to 1st grade|
|Book Types:||Early Emergent Readers and Emergent Readers|
|Certified:||Fountas & Pinnell Levels A, B, C, D|
|Book Pages:||up to 16|
|Book Words:||up to 250|
- Extensive wildlife book catalog.
- Accessible on desktops, tablets, and phones.
- Improve reading skills. Anytime. Anywhere.
- Popular animals that children know and love.
- All wildlife books carefully created for readers under 10 years old.
- Audio cues for word pronunciation.
- Organized by Guided Reading level.
- Guided Reading, Lexile levels, Fountas & Pinnell certified, Common Core Standards.
- Ability to monitor your child’s progress.
- 100% safe and kid-friendly environment.
- Learning is easier when kids enjoy the topic of study.
- Wildlife books available only on ConserveOurWild.com
- Avatar can read story to learner
- Practice reading skills
- Listen to other readers in group
- Read aloud to group members
- Improve vocabulary and language skills
- Improve comprehension
- Compose and construct a simple sentence
- Animal identification
- Build appreciation of wildlife and wildlife conservation
- Project funded in part by Sierra Club.
- Approved by school districts for preK-5th grade curriculum
- Books are Lexile rated, Guided Reading Levels, Fountas & Pinnell certified, and Common Core approved
- Children learn faster when they love the topic of study
We suggest reading 20 minutes per day. Your child can access Conserve Our Wild’s wildlife book online reading platform to further improve their skills and enjoy more wildlife stories.
A written report is provided after course completion.